Thursday, October 8, 2009

Michael.......

As I got ready for work this morning, I found myself gazing at Michael (as I often do when he sleeps, I love that peaceful look). Today, I couldn't help but focus on how much he has grown & changed. He is no longer the baby boy I have spent hours snuggling with. Not the toddler learning to walk. Not even the pre-schooler learning to swim. He is a full fledged "big kid". Little brother, and all.
This morning, I was filled with the emotion that comes with the realization the the precious baby years have passed. And pride in the person he is becoming. He has experienced many changes through the summer, including two biggies: a new baby in the house, and kindergarten. While I will greatly miss "baby" Michael, I look forward to what is in store for him. I occurs to me today that raising kids is like getting a present on a regular basis. Each day, week, & year holds a surprise gift in the form of growth, accomplishment, learning, and caring. All of this, along with some outside influence, will determine who and what our kids will grow up to be. The ultimate surprise........


No comments:

Post a Comment