Wednesday, January 21, 2009

9 Months and Counting

On January 11, we passed the 9 month mark of waiting for our new little one. Many of you already know that I expected to have our child home by now. That said, this serves as a reminder that adoption is just not predictable. The current estimate from the adoption agency is that families may expect to matched (referred) their child in the 11th - 12th month of waiting.

With all that said, our child most likely has been born, and is near entering, or has already entered, agency care. Our child's first family (birth family) may or may not have yet made the decision to make their child available for adoption. If they have made the decision, they are likely mourning the loss of raising, and loving, their child.

As I wait, it becomes more difficult to concentrate on daily tasks. In perspective, I know that waiting is easy compared to the decisions of the first family. I pray for them, as I do for Michael's first family. I pray that they be granted peace in their decision, and be comforted in the knowledge that their child, our child, will be cared for and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment