Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Michael's a big brother!!!!

I received the call at work yesterday at about 3:15 yesterday afternoon. I could not have been caught more off guard. I had made the assumption that when the call came it would be on my cell phone. So, I picked up my office phone when it rang "This is Paula". The voice on the other end said "Hi, this is xxx from CHSFS, is this a good time?". xxx is not our SW, so, at this point, it didn't actually sink in that it was "the call". I received the information from her, and have been stunned & excited since.......

I am so happy to finally be able to announce that after 12 1/2 months of (not so patiently) waiting, we have been matched with the adorable little boy who will soon be our son. His name will be Sidamo Peter. He is 7 months old, and looks like quite a content little guy. I can not post a photo for you until he is legally ours, so you will just have to take my word that he is, indeed, adorable.

So, what happens now? Again, we wait. We wait for a court date to be set in Ethiopia. The court date is usually about 8 weeks from now. At court, if all goes well, we will officially become parents again. Then, we wait. We wait for the Ethiopian birth certificate & passport, and for the final USCIS medical clearance. This is usually about 4 weeks after court (as many as 8 weeks). Then, we will be assigned a travel date (another 2 - 4 weeks). Then, we bring our peanut HOME!



Hopefully, I will have many good news posts until that time.........

5 comments:

  1. Paula,
    Congratulations!! That is such exciting news! I have been thinking about you a lot lately because I knew you should be getting your referral around this time! It must be so wonderful to finally see his face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY CONGRATS!!!!
    Jenn P. (harambee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! WE ARE SOOO HAPPPY FOR YOU! (AND HE'S SOOO CUTE!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are sooo happy for all of you!!! (And he's sooo cute!!!) Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the little guy. It will be hard to top how cute Michael was when you got him. Soooo exciting.

    Cousin Diane

    ReplyDelete